Back End Engineer (m/f/d)
The Digital Commerce division is committed to digitalization as a means of creating a networked BAUHAUS of the future. Our focus is always on the customer and we aim to create the perfect digital shopping experience. An agile working environment, innovative solutions and committed employees drive the business - and the best indication of this is the company's success: With over 270 specialist centers in 19 countries and one of the top 50 online stores in Germany, BAUHAUS is one of the most successful players in Europe. And we look forward to being even better with your help!
• As Back End Engineer (m/f/d) in, you develop fast, scalable and reliable, mostly data-heavy services as well as modular and reuseable components of the current and future e-commerce platform;
• You engage in professional software engineering practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations;
• You closely collaborate with other Product Teams to deliver value to the end-user;
• You drive towards adapting and experimenting with new technologies, providing and discussing innovative solution approaches and suggestions for improvement in the development.
• Successfully completed studies in Computer Science or (Business) Informatics or a comparable training e.g. as IT Specialist (m/f/d) with several years of professional work experience;
• At least 2 years of work experience as Back End Engineer (m/f/d) or Software Developer (m/f/d) with a background in design patterns and data structures;
• Comfortable with event-based communication between microservices and experience in migrating monolithic applications into microservice architecture and familiar with common monitoring/alerting/logging tools;
• Experienced with SQL databases and using cloud provider platforms (e.g. GCP);
• Open-minded personality, comfortable working in a collaborative agile environment;
• Very good knowledge of English.
• The possibility of working 90% remotely, 25 days paid vacation and a good work-life balance;
• Permanent employment contract (6 months probationary period) and attractive remuneration;
• Health insurance (dental coverage included);
• A challenging role in a family owned business with an agile working environment, state-of-the-art technologies as well as personal and professional development opportunities;
• Shopping discounts through the BAUHAUS employee card.
Click here for your online application! BAUHAUS is looking forward to receiving your application.
Before submitting your application, please read the Data Protection Declaration (PDF).